1. How long is the treatment?
Initial visits last approximately 90 minutes for body or scalp Acupuncture. Subsequent visits are one hour.
2. How often should I come see you?
During your first visit, we will evaluate your treatment needs and offer you a treatment schedule. Patients suffering from severe conditions are usually asked to return once a week for approximately two months. For general health maintenance, a once-a-month treatment is usually sufficient.
3. Are the acupuncture needles safe?
All our needles are sterilized at the factory and disposed of after a single use. Our equipment and procedures adhere to stringent OSHA stadards.
4. What can I do personally in addition to receiving your treatments?
We offer lifestyle and dietary suggestions that complement our healing treatments. Patients who take it upon themselves to make positive changes in their diets and exercise programs experience accelerated healing.
5. How will I feel after the treatment?
Most patients feel a sense of wellbeing and relaxation after our treatments.
6. What kind of conditions can Chinese Medicine assist with?
We assist patients with a variety of health conditions as listed by the WHO (World Health Organization) http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs134/en/
7. I heard that Chinese medicine is related to the complicated climatological theories of Wu yun liu qi ("five periods and six qi"), what is this?
A Chinese medicine student, Yi Zhang Su, recently developed an algorithm to display climatology for various years. This shows what kind of imbalances will tend to be predominent based on climatology. Since it's developed in Taiwan, it can only display Chinese. If you can read Chinese, please feel free to check it out: http://www.sacredlotusclinic.com/56.html